EAST GREENBUSH TRANSFER STATION
Ridge Road, Rensselaer, NY 12144
Anyone electing to use the Transfer Station must have a Permit. Each Permit holder will be issued a sticker for their car and should be placed behind the rear view mirror so it is clearly visible to the attendant. Additional car stickers for multi-vehicle households can be purchased for $10.00 each.
In addition to a Permit, a Punch Card must be purchased to avoid a fee each time the facility is used. The Punch Card will be “punched” by the attendant depending on the quantity of refuse brought to the Transfer Station. The number of “punches” is determined at the discretion of the attendant. Each punch card allows for the disposal of the equivalent of fifty – two 30-gallon bags. If you forget your punch, a fee of $2.00 per bag is assessed.
Residents may purchase as many punch cards as necessary. Remaining “punches” at the end of the year are rolled over to the following calendar year. NO REFUNDS will be granted to anyone who purchases a permit regardless of the time of year or circumstances surrounding such refund request
With a permit, the following items are accepted at no additional charge:
Bagged brush/leaves/grass clippings (in brown, recyclable bags)
COSTS FOR ADDITIONAL ITEMS:
*Refrigerators and Air Conditioners still charged with Freon are charged an additional fee of $15.00
Household construction/demolition debris will be charged $10.00 per 30-gallon container. All debris must fit into a barrel not containing any of the items specifically excluded on the list below:
In addition, other items may be deemed dangerous or otherwise not acceptable by the facility attendant.
Please remember the following when bringing items to the dump:
|Last Updated on Monday, 24 March 2014 09:41|
Upcoming EventsDates & Times are subject to change
- 11/25/2014 7:30 PM - Zoning Board Meeting
- 11/26/14-CANCELLED PLANNING BOARD MEETING
- 11/27/2014 - 11/28/2014 - Town Hall Closed - Thanksgiving
- 12/3/2014 6:00-8:00 p.m.- Christmas Tree Lighting and Holiday Celebration
- 12/9/14- Zoning Board Meeting 7:30 p.m.
- 12/10/14- Senior Holiday Luncheon- 12 noon
- 12/10/14-Planning Board Meeting- 7:00 p.m.
- 12/16/14- 7:00 p.m.- CFAC Meeting East Greenbush Community Library
- 12/17/14- 7:00 p.m. Town Board Meeting
- 12/23/14- Zoning Board Meeting 7:30 p.m.
- 12/25-12/26/14- Town Hall Offices Closed Christmas Holiday
225 Columbia Turnpike
Rensselaer, NY 12144
(518) 477-4775 phone
(518) 477-2386 fax
Town Hall Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm except Holidays. Note that some departments operate additional hours as listed on their pages.