The East Greenbush Dog Park is located at the Town Park, Elliot Road.
The dog park provides a place for East Greenbush residents to exercise their dogs. It is a fenced area at the back of the Town Park. We appreciate the cooperation of all residents in obtaining a dog park permit and following the rules of the park. Rules are strictly enforced and allow for the safety of all residents both human and dog.
Dog Park Rules
- The Dog Park is restricted to East Greenbush Residents with permits. Permits may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall.
- All dogs MUST be leashed outside of the fenced in area. No loose dogs in the park.
- Owners must carry a leash and supervise their dog closely at all times inside the dog park.
- Anyone using the Dog Park will do so at their own risk.
- Dogs must wear NYS Tags.
- The Town of East Greenbush shall have no liability for damage to dogs or people using this park.
- Current Dog License and Usage Permit is Required. Dogs Must Wear Collar with Permits.
- Owners must clean up after their Dogs and Place Feces in appropriate containers
- Owners are legally responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are prohibited while other dogs are in the Park.
- Children under age 10 are NOT permitted.
- Children 10-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children are not permitted to chase or supervise dogs.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Habitual barking that is disruptive to residents enjoying the park is prohibited.
- Rawhide, dog treats, and food is prohibited.
- Owners must stop their dog from digging and holes must be filled.
- Dog Training Classes are prohibited.
- No more than 2 dogs per owner are allowed at one time.
- Enforcement of these rules is under immediate supervision of the animal Control Officer. Violators are subject to removal from the Park, revocation of permits, and fines and penalties.
- Comments or concerns regarding the violation or enforcement of park rules can be directed to Animal Control Officer at 951-0213 or the Department of Community and Recreation 477-4194
- Comments or concerns regarding the maintenance of the park can be directed to the Department of Public Works Parks Department at 477-6103
- Any Incident of a Dog Bite MUST be reported immediately to Animal Control @ 951-0213.
- It is recommended that in the occurrence of any incident between dogs that all information between owners and dogs be exchanged at the time.
- Please note that extremely aggressive behavior and/or dog bites, as well as, owners not abiding to the rules, are all justification for permit revocation.