Dog Control Officer
The Town of East Greenbush has a part-time Dog Control Officer who serves with dedication and compassion to protect the dogs of the community. The Dog Control Officer responds to concerned residents calls, examples of call may be regarding family dogs that have gone missing, stray dogs, barking dogs or dogs reported for living in unfavorable conditions. The Dog Control Officer also oversees the Dog Park at the East Greenbush Town Park.
New York State requires that ALL dogs over four months in age be licensed at the Town Clerk’s Office. The licensing must take place within 30 days of obtaining the dog. In order to obtain a license, please bring a current rabies vaccination and (if applicable) a neutering/spaying certificate and to pay the associated fees to the Town Clerks Office. This license is to be renewed each year, the same month that it was obtained originally. Licenses must be on the dog at all times, this is essential for the dog park.
- $15.00 for a neutered/spayed dog
- $20.00 for a dog that is not neutered/spayed
East Greenbush Dog Park
The dog park provides a place for East Greenbush residents to exercise their dogs. It is a fenced area at the back of the Town Park. We appreciate the cooperation of all residents in obtaining a dog park permit and following the rules of the park. Rules are strictly enforced and allow for the safety of all residents both human and dog.
Dog Park Fee: $15.00 per dog – RESIDENTS ONLY
Dog Park Rules
- The Dog Park is restricted to East Greenbush Residents with permits. Permits may be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office at Town Hall.
- All dogs MUST be leashed outside of the fenced in area. No loose dogs in the park.
- Owners must carry a leash and supervise their dog closely at all times inside the dog park.
- Anyone using the Dog Park will do so at their own risk.
- Dogs must wear NYS Tags.
- The Town of East Greenbush shall have no liability for damage to dogs or people using this park.
- Current Dog License and Usage Permit is Required. Dogs Must Wear Collar with Permits.
- Owners must clean up after their Dogs and Place Feces in appropriate containers
- Owners are legally responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs.
- Dogs with a history of aggressive behavior are prohibited while other dogs are in the Park.
- Children under age 10 are NOT permitted.
- Children 10-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children are not permitted to chase or supervise dogs.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Habitual barking that is disruptive to residents enjoying the park is prohibited.
- Rawhide, dog treats, and food is prohibited.
- Owners must stop their dog from digging and holes must be filled.
- Dog Training Classes are prohibited.
- No more than 2 dogs per owner are allowed at one time.
- Enforcement of these rules is under immediate supervision of the animal Control Officer. Violators are subject to removal from the Park, revocation of permits, and fines and penalties.
- Comments or concerns regarding the violation or enforcement of park rules can be directed to Animal Control Officer at 518-951-0213 or the Department of Community and Recreation 518-477-4194
- Comments or concerns regarding the maintenance of the park can be directed to the Department of Public Works Parks Department at 518-477-6103
- Any Incident of a Dog Bite MUST be reported immediately to Dog Control @ 518-951-0213.
- It is recommended that in the occurrence of any incident between dogs that all information between owners and dogs be exchanged at the time.
- Please note that extremely aggressive behavior and/or dog bites, as well as, owners not abiding to the rules, are all justification for permit revocation.
Dog Control Officer: Bob Guyer