* Town Hall is currently closed due to COVID-19 *
Please call 518.477.7145 or email Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Michelle
We thank you for visiting our webpage, and are here to offer you efficient and professional assistance. Your Town Clerk's Office is considered the center of town government for the Town of East Greenbush. We are responsible for receiving and/or distributing all documents submitted, including any FOIL requests. Our multifaceted office also handles various services, licenses, and permits. Your Town Clerk also serves as the Registrar of Vital Statistics for all birth, death, and marriage records.
Ellen Pangburn - Town Clerk / Registrar of Vital Statistics / Notary Public
Michelle Eckler - Deputy Clerk / Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
DMV Satellite Office - CLOSED until further notice
- Rensselaer County (Troy) DMV is open for Rensselaer County residents, Monday through Friday 8:30-4:00
- Troy DMV is located at 1600 7th Ave., Troy NY 12180
- For any questions, please call 518.270.2600
The following may be obtained from your Town Clerk's Office:
- Bingo and Games of Chance License
- Dog License ($15 if dog is spayed/neutered; $20 if not altered) – Proof of rabies vaccination and rabies tag # needed, along with spay/neuter certification, birth year, breed color(s), and owner contact information
- Dog Park Annual Tag - $15 for residents only – NOTE: Dog license needed
- Fishing/Hunting Licenses - NYSDEC agent.
- Handicap Tag – DMV/Physician form and proof of driver’s license is needed.
- Marriage License - Please call or email our office for assistance during this time with COVID procedures in place.
Transfer Station 2021 information
- Transfer Station 2021 Permits now available – Annual Resident Permit $120; Senior Permit (65 years+) $75;
- Non-Resident Permit $150. Available at Transfer Station, or via mail/green Drop Box to Town Clerk with CHECK ONLY made payable to Town of East Greenbush. NOTE: If check is mailed or in Drop Box, new permit will be mailed.
- Punch Cards – 52 punch card for $100 and 25 punch card for $50 – No expiration. Available at Transfer Station, or via mail/green Drop Box to Town Clerk with CHECK ONLY made payable to Town of East Greenbush. NOTE: If check is mailed or in Drop Box, new punch card will be mailed.
Please contact Town Clerk’s Office for any further details or questions:
Ellen Pangburn, Town Clerk – email@example.com
Michelle Eckler, Deputy Clerk – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Marriage License Requirements:
- NOTE: By appointment only. Please call or email for further information.
- Both persons need to be present between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Two forms of identification must be presented—birth certificate along with a driver’s license, photo ID or passport.
- There is a 24 hour hold on license from the time it is issued.
- The license must be used within 60 days from the date issued.
- If either party has been married, any and all final judgments of divorce papers must be presented.
- License fee is $40.00 - Please pay with check or money order made payable to Town of East Greenbush.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain a copy of a Birth Certificate or Death Certificate?
Call the Town Clerk’s office 518-477-7145.
Am I able to pay over the telephone using my credit/debit card?
No, the Town Clerk does not accept Credit Card payments.
At what age do you need a Fishing License?
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation requires individuals age sixteen (16) and older to obtain a fishing license. Individuals under sixteen (16) years of age do not need a fishing license, provided they are fishing with a licensed individual.
At what age does my dog need to be licensed?
The Town of East Greenbush requires all dogs age six (6) months and older to be licensed. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. Dog licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s office in the Town Hall. You must have rabies vaccination proof for the dog you are licensing. If the dog has not received rabies vaccination, it cannot be licensed. If the dog has been spayed/neutered you need that documentation as well. Once you receive the tags for the dog’s license, the dog keeps that same tags for the duration of its life and you just pay to renew it every year, either by mail or in person at the Town Clerk’s Office.
The cost for a spayed/neutered dog is $15.00; the cost for a dog that is not spayed or neutered is $20.00.
Can you get a passport processed at the East Greenbush Town Hall?
No, we do not offer this service.
Does the Town have a public dump site for dropping off debris?
Yes. The Town of East Greenbush Department of Public Works operates the Transfer Station. A permit is required. For more information please click here: Transfer Station
Does the Town of East Greenbush collect and dispose of household appliances?
Yes. Please refer to the link for more information or call 518-477-7012.
Once a year the Transfer Station hosts an appliance amnesty day, information regarding this event will be posted in the Advertiser and on the Town website.
Does the Town of East Greenbush offer a leaf collection service?
Yes. The Town provides leaf and brush collection in the fall and in the spring. Dates of upcoming pick up dates will be posted on the Town website and in the Advertiser.
I just moved to East Greenbush and I don’t know who my trash collector is.
The Town of East Greenbush has a Transfer Station which you can purchase a permit for, but the Town does not pick up trash. A few suggestions would be to speak with your new neighbors and ask for their recommendations, ask which day of the week they service your area, contact the individual haulers to discuss their services, and prices, etc.
Authorized Trash Collectors for the Town of East Greenbush are:
County Waste 1-888-549-2783
Twin Bridges 518-267-3400
Waste Management 1-800-476-6571
If I want to speak to the Town Board, what is the best way to go about it?
The Town Board welcomes input from residents, and there is a question period at the beginning of every Town Board Meeting, at which time, you are granted the opportunity to address the Board on matters related to the Agenda. To reach the Town Board you can always contact the Board Members by email or by writing a letter and bringing to the Town Clerk’s office.
Is there a Notary Public at the Town Hall?
Yes. The Town Clerk and Receiver of Taxes are Notary Publics.
What do I need to get a marriage license?
Both parties need to be present. You need TWO forms of legal identification. You MUST bring your birth certificate along with another form of id, such as a valid drivers license. If you have been divorced, you need your FINAL judgment of divorce paper from EVERY previous marriage. The cost of a Marriage License is $40 cash or check. Marriage Licenses are issued Monday- Friday 8:40 – 4:15pm.
Does Department of Motor Vehicle have an office located in Town Hall?
**The Rensselaer County Department of Motor Vehicles Satellite Office located in East Greenbush Town Hall
is closed at this time due to Covid-19**
The Rensselaer County Department of Motor Vehicles has a satellite office at East Greenbush Town Hall in the Court Room on Monday’s from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. DMV is closed all legal holidays. For more information regarding services offered at this location please call 518-270-2603.
Do I have to renew the permanent handicapped permit?
Yes, it must be renewed every five years as required by New York State.
How do I obtain a handicap parking permit?
You can obtain a handicap parking permit at the Town Clerk’s office with a Doctor’s note and valid Driver’s License.