Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation d/b/a National Grid is proposing to install approximately 7.3 miles of new 16-inch diameter natural gas transmission pipeline within the Town of Bethlehem in Albany County and the Towns of East Greenbush and North Greenbush in Rensselaer County (“Pipeline E37 Reliability and Resiliency Project or the Project”). Pending approval of the needed permits, National Grid anticipates construction to begin in 2019, with an estimated three-year construction timeframe.
Please visit this website for more information about the project, its location, and the permitting process: http://nygasprojects.com/pipeline-e37-reliability-and-resiliency-project.htm
There will be two public events at the Red Barn in Town Park:
- Two Open Houses on 4/4/2019:
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Click here to view a copy of the event flier.
- Two Public Statement Hearings on 4/10/2019:
- 2:00 p.m. Information Forum followed by 3:00 p.m. Public Statement Hearing
- 6:00 p.m. Information Forum followed by 7:00 p.m. Public Statement Hearing
- Click here to view a copy of the notice of hearing.