Notice of Public Hearing - Proposed Water District Extension
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Proposed General Water District Extension
WHEREAS, a Petition dated March 15, 2018, requesting that a water district extension to serve the proposed Deer Pond Estates Subdivision (the “Subdivision”), as hereinafter described, be established in the Town, has been duly presented to the East Greenbush Town Board (the “Town Board”) in accordance with New York Law Article 12; and
WHEREAS, the Petition was accompanied by an Engineer’s Map, Plan and Report (“Report”) prepared by Boswell Engineering (“Boswell”) concerning the proposed water district extension; and
WHEREAS, the Report has been filed in the town clerk’s office and is available for public inspection; and
WHEREAS, the Report delineates the boundaries of the proposed water district extension, a general plan of the proposed system, report of the proposed method of operation, and estimated costs to a typical property within the extension,
- The boundaries of the proposed water district extension are set forth in the Report and attached hereto. The proposed improvements consist of installation of a new water main consisting of 8,472+ linear feet of 10 inch HDPE pipe, all gate valves, appurtenances, and hydrants along with construction of an associated water tank and booster station all to be connected to the existing 8 inch main along Elliot Road to serve up to sixty (60) dwellings to be constructed in the Deer Pond Estates subdivision,
- All costs associated with the construction and installation of the new water district extension facilities, including materials, excavation and labor costs, will be paid by the Subdivision developer at no cost to the Town of East Greenbush.
- Capital cost to construct extension infrastructure shall be borne solely by the developer with no cost to the Town. The estimated annual cost of the District to the typical property in the district extension (typical property is a three or four bedroom single family home) for operation and maintenance and other charges would be approximately $.85 per foot of lot frontage.Water use cost (using 2018 rates) would be $180 per home.
- The developer of the Subdivision will pay all costs of the improvements, so there will be no financing required by the Town in connection with the district extension.
- A detailed explanation of how the estimated costs of the district extension were computed is included in the Report which has been filed with the Town Clerk and is available for public inspection.
- The Town Board shall meet and hold a public hearing at East Greenbush Town Hall, 225 Columbia Turnpike, Rensselaer, New York, 12144 on October 17, 2018 at 06:40p.m., to consider the Report and to hear all persons interested in the proposed district extension and to take such other and further action as may be required or authorized by law.
BY ORDRER OF THE TOWN OF EAST GREENBUSH TOWN BOARD
Kim Carlock, Town Clerk