NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Proposed Couse Sewer District Extension
WHEREAS, a Petition dated March 15, 2018, requesting that a sewer district extension to serve the proposed Deer Pond Estates Subdivision (the “Subdivision”), as hereinafter described, be established in the Town, has been duly presented to the East Greenbush Town Board (the “Town Board”) in accordance with New York Law Article 12; and
WHEREAS, the Petition was accompanied by an Engineer’s Map, Plan and Report (“Report”) prepared by Boswell Engineering (“Boswell”) concerning the proposed sewer district extension; and
WHEREAS, the Report has been filed in the Town Clerk’s office and is available for public inspection; and
WHEREAS, the Report delineates the boundaries of the proposed sewer district extension, a general plan of the proposed system, report of the proposed method of operation, and estimated costs to a typical property within the extension,
- The boundaries of the proposed sewer district extension are set forth in the Report and attached hereto. The proposed improvements consist of installation of a new 8 inch gravity sewer main with pump lift station and 1200+ linear feet of 2 inch LPS with grinder pumps along with manholes and required appurtenances to service sixty (60) dwellings to be constructed in the Deer Pond Estates Subdivision,
- All costs associated with the construction and installation of the new sewer district extension facilities, including materials, excavation and labor costs, will be paid by the Subdivision developer at no cost to the Town of East Greenbush.
- Capital cost to construct extension infrastructure shall be borne solely by the developer with no cost to the Town. The estimated annual cost of the district extension to the typical property in the district extension (typical property is a three or four bedroom single family home) for operation and maintenance and other charges would be an ad valorem rate of $.437465 per $1,000 of assessed valuation (AV).For example, a $300,000 home would pay $131 per year.Sewer use charges per dwelling would be $30.38 for a minimum10, 500 gallons and $2.25 per 745 gallons above minimum usage (2018 rates).A typical 4 bedroom home would pay approximately $90 per year at 2018 rates.
- The developer of the Subdivision will pay all costs of the improvements, so there will be no financing required by the Town in connection with the district extension.
- A detailed explanation of how the estimated costs of the district extension were computed is included in the Report which has been filed with the Town Clerk and is available for public inspection.
- The Town Board shall meet and hold a public hearing at East Greenbush Town Hall, 225 Columbia Turnpike, Rensselaer, New York, 12144 on October 17, 2018 at 6:50 p.m. to consider the Report and to hear all persons interested in the proposed district extension and to take such other and further action as may be required or authorized by law.
- The Town Board hereby authorizes and directs the Town Clerk to duly publish and post this Order not less than ten (10) days nor more than twenty (20) days before the Public Hearing date and to file a certified copy of this Order with the State Comptroller on or about the date of publication, all as required by Town Law §193.
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN OF EAST GREENBUSH TOWN BOARD
Kim Carlock, Town Clerk